Burbank Rifle and Revolver Club
A sports club specializing in Highpower rifle training and competition. A California Non-Profit Corporation. Affiliated with CMP, NRA, CRPA. Established in 1926..
CMP Rimfire Sporter Match Program
Purpose of Match: The purpose of these matches is to provide an opportunity for new and experienced shooters to learn and practice rifle shooting techniques using commonly available .22 Long Rifle chambered sporting firearms. While no instruction class will be offered at these matches, experienced shooters will be on the line to assist beginning shooters.
Course of Fire: CMP Sporter Course, 60 shots for record with unlimited sighting shots.
· Stage 1 - Unlimited sighting shots in any position. 10-minute time limit. No other sighting shots will be permitted unless authorized by the Match Director. Distance of 50 yards.
· Stage 2 - Ten shots slow prone. 10-minute time limit. Distance of 50 yards.
· Stage 3 - Two five shot strings rapid prone (from standing). String time of 25 seconds for semi-auto and 30 seconds for manual. Distance of 50 yards.
· Stage 4 - Ten shots slow sitting or kneeling. 10-minute time limit. Distance of 50 yards.
· Stage 5 - Two five shot strings rapid sitting or kneeling (from standing). String time of 25 seconds for semi-auto and 30 seconds for manual. Distance of 50 yards.
· Stage 6 - Ten shots slow standing position. 10-minute time limit. Distance of 25 yards.
· Stage 7 - Two five shot strings rapid standing position. String time of 25 seconds for semi-auto and 30 seconds for manual. Distance of 25 yards
Note: Official CMP scorecards will be used with scores reported to CMP for those shooting eligible rifles.
Rules: CMP rules will apply. This is a no-alibi match. Competitors are expected to ensure that their equipment is in good working order.
Equipment: Any .22 Long Rifle (LR) repeater may be used. The rifle used must be capable of firing a 5-shot rapid fire string. Types of actions include semi-automatic or manual (bolt, lever, or pump). Rifles will be divided into two classifications: 1) T-Class with telescopic sights (6x maximum) or receiver peep sights; 2) O-Class - open sights consisting of a notch rear sight and post front sight. Competition target rifles are prohibited.
All competitors must have eye and ear protection.
Per CMP rules, the use of shooting coats, gloves, match rifle slings and other competition equipment is NOT PERMITTED for this match. The use of the M1903 leather or WWII web sling is permitted. Shooting mats will be provided if needed.
Ammunition: Any .22 Long Rifle ammunition of good quality is permitted including standard, high velocity and hyper-velocity ammunition.Awards: CMP achievement pins will be awarded to competitors who fire qualifying scores with qualifying rifles.
Age Restriction: 16 and older.
Match Cancellations: Rain may cause cancellations. If there has been rain in the Castaic area two or three days preceding the match, use the Contact Information below to verify that the match will be held. Brush fires in the area or high-fire danger or high winds are also possible causes for match cancellation.
Liability Waiver: Nonmember competitors must sign a BRRC waiver of liability before being allowed to
CMP Affidavit of Eligibility: A notarized copy of the CMP Affidavit of Eligibility must be on file for each participant. This is a "one time" requirement by the CMP. If you have an affidavit on file with BRRC, you do not need another. The affidavits are available on the CMP website.
Contact Information: Visit our website at www.brrc.org. You can also send an email to email@example.com.